United Way of Metropolitan Dallas announced in a press release that it will welcome eight new community and business leaders to its 2017-2018 Board of Directors. Four new community and business leaders are welcomed to the United Way Foundation of Metropolitan Dallas Board.
“Our new members are joining thoughtfully-engaged, forward-thinking and insightful boards, adding significant value to United Way and the community we serve,” said Jennifer Sampson (pictured above), President and CEO, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas in a press release. “Their broad experience, expertise, and passion for our work will ensure United Way remains vital and relevant in a changing society, creating a boundless future for all North Texans.”
New 2017-2018 United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Board of Directors members include:
- Jorge Corral, Accenture’s Products Industry Group;
- Richard Fedock, retired from Exxon Mobil Corporation in 2015;
- Gail McDonald, Transition Resources, Inc. and St. Charles Consulting Group;
- Sandra Phillips Rogers, Toyota Motor North America;
- Jennifer Saenz, Frito-Lay North America;
- Michael Sherman, The Boston Consulting Group in Dallas;
- Julie Van Haren, Texas Instruments; and
- Robert G. “Bob” Wright, an attorney and enterprise strategist.
New 2017-2018 United Way Foundation of Metropolitan Dallas Board members are:
- David Brown, Sr., former chief of the Dallas Police Department (pictured above);
- Jim Burke, Vistra Energy;
- Pete Chilian, J.P. Morgan Private Bank in Dallas; and
- Debra Von Storch, EY.
Each new board member will serve a 3-year term.
ABOUT UNITED WAY OF METROPOLITAN DALLAS
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is a community-based non-profit organization that treats 360 degrees of need. For over 90 years, they have brought people and resources together to fight complex social problems by surrounding North Texans with efficient, impactful solutions. Learn more at UnitedWayDallas.org.
ABOUT UNITED WAY FOUNDATION OF METROPOLITAN DALLAS
In 1999, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas established a Foundation (United Way Foundation of Metropolitan Dallas) for the purpose of perpetuating and securing the future of United Way of Metropolitan Dallas. The primary recipient of the Foundation’s distributions has been United Way’s competitive grants process, which awards multi-year grants to the most effective community-based programs.