Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains announces that nominations are open for the 2022 Fort Worth Women of Distinction awards.
The annual event recognizes leaders in business, government, education and philanthropy who are dedicated to service and leadership in their community. The Women of Distinction program is composed of five awards:
- Woman of Distinction Award: The recipient of this award demonstrates exceptional leadership, serves our communities, and advances the quality-of-life for girls and women. This purpose-driven woman is a champion for female ambition and connects with others to create impactful solutions. She is an inspirational role model who shows young girls how to create positive change in our world.
- Rising Star: The Rising Star Award is presented to a young Woman of Distinction between 12-25 years of age who has volunteered, supported or been a member of the Girl Scouts for a minimum of two years. This individual has demonstrated leadership, initiative, and dedication, and has made significant contributions in her community.
- Outstanding Community Partner: This award recognizes organizations, corporations or foundations of all sizes for their philanthropic or exceptional involvement with Girl Scouts. This partner makes an impressionable difference to enhance education, transform communities and empower young leaders.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: The recipient of this award is a lifelong Girl Scout who has dedicated her life to serving in the interest and support of female leadership.
- Man Enough to Be a Girl Scout Award: The recipient of this award is a male business leader who supports the development of girls through Girl Scouting.
Candidates can be nominated at gs-top.org/wodnominations through April 22.