WFAA reported that 19 Dallas Public Library branches, in partnership with Equal Heart, will be providing free lunches and snacks to children under the age of 18 this summer, until Aug 17. The lunches are funded by the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service Program, according to WFAA.
Children do not need to provide proof of need or pre-register in order to receive a meal.
Lunches are available at the following locations and times:
- Audelia Road, Monday-Friday, Noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Bachman Lake, Monday-Friday, Noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Dallas West, Monday-Friday, Noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Forest Green, Monday-Friday, 1 to 1:45 p.m.
- Grauwyler Park, Monday-Friday, 1 to 1:30 p.m.
- Hampton-Illinois, Monday-Friday, 2 to 2:45 p.m.
- Highland Hills, Monday-Friday, Noon to 1 p.m.
- J. Erik Jonsson Central Library, Monday-Friday, Noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Kleberg-Rylie, Monday-Friday, 1 to 1:45 p.m.
- Lochwood, Monday-Friday, Noon to 12:45 p.m.
- North Oak Cliff, Monday-Friday, 12:30 to 1:15 p.m.
- Park Forest, Monday-Friday, Noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Lancaster-Kiest, Monday-Friday, Noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Pleasant Grove, Monday-Friday, 11 to 11:45 a.m.
- Polk-Wisdom, Tuesday-Thursday, noon to 1 p.m.
- Prairie Creek, Monday-Friday, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Skyline, Monday-Friday, noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Timberglen, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, noon to 12:45 p.m.
- White Rock Hills, Monday-Friday, Noon to 12:45 p.m.
WFAA also reports that the Dallas Public Library is encouraging local youth to get involved in some of the programs the library offers throughout the summer. Find out more on the library’s website.
ABOUT EQUAL HEART
Equal Heart is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with operations in Texas and Colorado. We are currently focused on alleviating hunger as we work to expand access to ensure every hungry individual has a daily meal no matter their circumstances. Find out more on the organization’s website.
ABOUT DALLAS PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Dallas Public Library strengthens communities by connecting people, inspiring curiosity and advancing lives. Find out more on the organization’s website.