Would you like to help Fort Worth become the nation’s safest major city? Fort Worth, in partnership with the Crime Control and Prevention District, is seeking organizations interested in applying for the Community-Based Funding Program.
Programs should meet one or more of these goals:
- Reduce violent crime through crime prevention programs.
- Reduce gang-related activities through crime prevention programs.
- Increase safety in neighborhoods.
- Decrease crime in neighborhoods.
- Increase the safety of youth through crime prevention or intervention programs.
- Reduce juvenile crime through crime prevention or intervention programs.
Nonprofit agencies that can address one or more of these goals are invited to apply for funding. The Fort Worth Police Department is requesting proposals that meet the criteria to receive $300,000 in funding over a 36-month period.
Participation in a preproposal conference is mandatory. Failure to attend the preproposal conference will impact the organization’s eligibility to submit a proposal. Virtual conferences will be held on:
- Nov. 5, 1-3 p.m.
- Nov. 9, 1-3 p.m.
- Nov. 16, 1-3 p.m.
- Nov. 19, 1-3 p.m.
Email to receive a link to a virtual conference.
Submit proposals by email by Jan. 4, 2021. Notification of awards is scheduled for Feb. 26, 2021, and projected program start date is June 1, 2021.
To learn more, email Liz Garza in the Fort Worth Police Department.