The Greater Dallas Chapter AFP proudly announces its 2018 National Philanthropy Day Award Honorees! Mark your calendar for Friday, November 9th to be part of this most meaningful occasion, celebrating those who give so much to our community.
Outstanding Philanthropist – Jack D. Furst
Nominated by Boy Scouts of America
Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser – Kaki Hopkins
Nominated by Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden
Outstanding Fundraising Executive – Luanne Samuel, CFRE
Nominated by Alcuin School
Outstanding Foundation – The Joe M. and Doris R. Dealey Family Foundation
Nominated by Texas Health Resources Foundation
Outstanding Corporation – Pioneer Natural Resources
Nominated by Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity and Dallas CASA
Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy – Jingle Bell Mistletoe
Nominated by North Texas Food Bank
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents 30,000 members in 200 chapters in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs.
AFP believes that to guarantee human freedom and social creativity, people must have the right to freely and voluntarily form organizations to meet perceived needs, advocate causes, and seek funds to support these activities. To guarantee these rights, AFP’s purposes are to:
- Foster development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to preserving and enhancing philanthropy.
- Establish a code of ethics and professional practices.
- Require member adherence to a professional code of ethical standards and practices.
- Provide training opportunities for fundraising professionals.
- Implement programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership.
- Collect, research, publish, and disseminate historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Promote public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Conduct activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy.
- Enlist, organize, and support members to achieve our purposes. Foster international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide.
- Use all necessary and proper means to accomplish our purposes.
- Provide a valid and reliable certification program for fundraising professionals.
Find out more on AFP Greater Dallas Chapter’s website.