United Way of Metropolitan Dallas has announced its 2019 GroundFloor Fellows. Launched in 2013, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas’ GroundFloor is a mentor-driven social innovation fund and impact accelerator program that invests seed funding and resources to support innovators with social ventures focused on solutions that address challenges facing education, financial stability, and health.
The Fellow organizations were selected through a rigorous and highly competitive process. Each has created a product, service, or technology that is working to achieve our region’s 10 year community goals and improve the lives of people here in North Texas.
The 2019 GroundFloor Fellows are:
- Bold Idea is an education non-profit organization that is increasing access and interest in computer science for Dallas area students. Boldidea.org
- Hand to Hold offers comprehensive in-hospital support for families in the neonatal intensive care unit, including screening and support for post-partum mood disorders. handtohold.org
- JUST invests in low-income, female entrepreneurs to create more resilient communities. hellojust.com
- My Possibilities will establish MPact, a Benefit Corporation, as a for-profit sustainability tool focused on providing a clear path to employment for people with disabilities. mypossibilities.org
- Ntarupt’s public awareness campaign to reduce teen pregnancy will use bold imagery and messaging to raise awareness and change community norms around teen pregnancy and childbearing. ntarupt.org
- POETIC equips girls who have experienced sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation to find their voices, reclaim their narratives and persist forward. iampoetic.org
- Through Team Read Coaching, Readers 2 Leaders will provide training and consulting that helps out-of-school-time programs across D/FW change reading outcomes for their kids. readers2leaders.org
- Rosa es Rojo was born to help Latino women learn and grow from life’s many challenges by assisting them on the front end with making healthier lifestyle choices. rosaesrojo.org
- Student Success Agency is scaling one-on-one attention in education by allowing students to receive traditional services like, mentoring, tutoring, and advising, anytime anywhere from their cellphones. studentsuccess.co
- In response to the rapidly increasing number of youth suicides that stem from cyber-bullying, Tacky Box will develop a virtual Tacky Box® to help create a kinder online culture and protect North Texas children. tackybox.com
- Yoga N Da Hood is dedicated to social-emotional development through the power and practice of yoga and mindfulness. The Mindful School Bus Project will create a physical space for youth to access this power self-regulation tool. yogandahood.org
You can find out more about United Way of Metropolitan Dallas’ GroundFloor program here.