Texas Women’s Foundation has named the 2022 recipients of the Maura Women Helping Women Award, and announced recipients of its Young Leader Award.
The Maura award has been presented to more than 200 women over 43 years. Honorees are individuals who have catalyzed change for women and girls. This year’s award recipients are:
- Patricia Rodriguez Christian (Irving, TX) CRC Group Inc.
- Arlene J. Ford, Ph.D.(Dallas, TX) Equity Inquiry Project Inc.
- Thana Hickman-Simmons (Dallas, TX) Viola’s House
- Patricia “Pat” Jasso(San Antonio, TX) Senior Planet/Retired AT&T Executive
- Lynn McBee (Dallas, TX) Young Women’s Preparatory Network
The Young Leader Award recognizes breakthrough leadership exhibited by a trailblazer who is achieving success in a field, initiative or sector, and creating a path of opportunity for other women to follow. This year’s recipients are:
- Stacy Johnson (Round Rock, TX) Central Texas Table of Grace
- Sharareh (Sherri) Kermanshachi, Ph.D. (Arlington, TX) University of Texas at Arlington
Texas Women’s Foundation is a community-supported organization that invests in the power of women and girls to drive positive change. Through research, advocacy, programs and grantmaking, the Foundation advances economic and leadership opportunities for women, girls and families to build stronger, more equitable communities for all.