Prairie Lights is a two-mile, drive-through holiday park experience, situated along the shores of Joe Pool Lake. It boasts a display of more than four million lights and other holiday attractions in Grand Prairie, and more volunteers are needed to help make the event spectacular.
The event features live reindeer; dozens of all-new, holiday-themed light scenes; out-of-car experiences; and the park’s famous grand-finale animated tunnel that guests drive through upon exit.
Prairie Lights is open now through New Year’s Eve. The hours are Sunday through Thursday from 6-9 p.m. and Fridays and Saturdays from 6-10 p.m. Holiday hours are also 6-10 p.m.
The event is produced by the city of Grand Prairie’s Parks, Arts, & Recreation department. An annual holiday tradition for area residents and visitors from across Texas and neighboring states, Prairie Lights attracted a record-breaking 230,000-plus guests in 2016.
Prairie Lights Events and Attractions:
- Holiday Village: Enjoy hot cocoa, funnel cakes and other holiday fare while shopping for holiday gifts and décor.
- Snowmazing Snow Maze: With the help of some friendly snowmen, navigate the way through the twists and turns of this winter wonderland.
- Holiday Magic Lighted Walk-Thru Forest: Stroll through an enchanting forest of thousands of lights depicting Christmas scenes from around the world.
- Photos with Santa: Santa will be at Holiday Village every night through Dec. 23, listening to holiday wishes and taking pictures with kids of all ages. Pricing begins at $15.
The Holiday Village, Snowmazing Snow Maze, and Holiday Magic Walk-Thru Forest are no-fee, out-of-car experiences available about halfway through the Prairie Lights route. See pricing for Photos with Santa here.
WHEN & WHERE
- Location: Lynn Creek Park in Grand Prairie (5610 Lake Ridge Parkway)
Prime Days [Friday-Sunday and holidays]: $45 per carload of eight. Non-Prime Days: $35 per carload of eight. Guests can claim a $5 discount if they pre-purchase general admission tickets online. Extra fees for limos, shuttles and buses apply. More.
NEW THIS YEAR
- Snowmazing Snow Maze: A delightful winter wonderland, available in the Holiday Village.
- Prairie Lights Fast Pass: Allows guests to access the park through a special entrance and get to the lights faster. Tickets per carload of eight are $99 during non-prime time and $129 during prime time, with additional fees for buses and limos. More.
- Free admission for park attractions: This year, the general admission fee also includes access to the Snowmazing Snow Maze, Holiday Magic Lighted Walk-Thru Forest, and Holiday Village.
Plan to allow at least 45 minutes to fully enjoy the park, and allow lots of extra time if you’re visiting during the weekend or on a holiday.