Dallas’ Parkland Foundation has chosen 12 servant leaders who are making a difference in Dallas County to be honored with the Community First Award. The new award was created to shine a light on individuals who use their time and talent to help their neighbors in need.
The individuals were announced via Parkland Foundation’s website on Feb. 26.
“As the only public health system in Dallas County, the community is at the heart of everything we do at Parkland,” said David E. Krause, president and chief executive officer of the organization, in the announcement.
The 2018 Community First Award recipients include:
- Ashlie Alaman, counsel, Vistra Energy
- Jayda Batchelder, founding executive director, Education Open Doors, Inc.
- Lane Conner, founder and chief executive officer, Fuzse
- Madhura Kulkarni, senior manager, global sustainability marketing, portfolio transformation, PepsiCo’s Frito-Lay division
- Loretta Landry, regional manager of child hunger outreach, Texas Hunger Initiative, Baylor University
- Michael Laussade, partner, Jackson Walker LLP
- Emily Ledet, senior vice president, private client manager, U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management
- Eric McConnell, principal, Sendero Consulting
- Byron Sanders, president and chief executive officer, Big Thought
- Jessica Smith, founder, Team Maddie
- Staci Thetford, manager, Sendero Consulting
- Jesse Trevino, senior business services coordinator, CBRE
Throughout the year, recipients will attend a series of events to gain a better understanding about Parkland’s place in Dallas history, its responsibility as the only public health system in the county, cutting-edge discoveries developed at Parkland that transform healthcare around the globe, and how affordable, accessible preventive care is being delivered in every corner of the community.
Parkland Foundation will begin accepting nominations for the 2019 class of recipients in fall 2018.
To learn more about the Community First Award and the 2018 recipients, please visit: www.IStandforParkland.org/Community-First.
ABOUT PARKLAND FOUNDATION
Parkland Foundation is dedicated to securing substantial financial resources that advance the goals of Parkland Health & Hospital System. Find out more on the organization’s website.