Leadership ISD is accepting applications for its 2018-2019 Civic Leaders Fellowship in Dallas, Tarrant and Harris counties. The applications are open until Apr. 29.
Leadership ISD’s Fellowship is a highly selective 10-month program that provides civic leaders the information and insight to effectively influence systemic transformation.
The program guides Fellows through a deep dive into the most relevant topics in public education from early childhood to governance, school choice to accountability, and everything in between. It provides multiple avenues for Fellows to gain richer insight into district and campus challenges, to witness optimistic bright spots firsthand, and to build relationships with key stakeholders in the field. The program also empowers the Fellows with practical advocacy skills to share vision, engage diverse stakeholders, and take courageous action together.
According to the Leadership ISD website, an ideal candidate for the Civic Leaders Fellowship is someone who:
- Passionately defends the potential of all kids
- Has demonstrated leadership ability and commitment to civic engagement
- Employs creativity and purposeful obstinance in the face of challenges or failures
- Views tension and discomfort as natural precursors to growth
- Willingly explores the implications of race and poverty on educational outcomes
To find out more and apply, click here.
ABOUT LEADERSHIP ISD
Leadership ISD advances educational excellence and equity by informing and connecting leaders to shape policy, lead strategically, and champion change. Its vision is a Texas where public education offers opportunity and hope to all children. To find out more, visit the organization’s website.