The Greater Dallas Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has announced its 2021 National Philanthropy Day (NPD) Award Honorees. NPD celebrates the charitable work that impacts communities and the extraordinary change that fundraising and philanthropy create. It is observed annually on Nov. 15th.
Each year in recognition of NPD, the Greater Dallas Chapter of AFP highlights people active in the philanthropic community whose contributions have enriched the world. The 2021 honorees include:
- 2021 Outstanding Philanthropist — Kaleta Doolin
- 2021 Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser — Gail Madden
- 2021 Outstanding Fundraising Executive — Jan Murfield, CFRE
- 2021 Outstanding Foundation — Marilyn Augur Family Foundation
- 2021 Outstanding Corporation — Austin Industries
- 2021 Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy — Paisley Elliott
The first NPD for Greater Dallas AFT was held in 1983. The day provides an opportunity to reflect on the meaning of giving and all that it has made possible. Last year, more than 130 AFP chapters held NPD events and activities across North America.