In the evening hours of Wednesday Apr. 11, Grapevine Fire Department responded to a “smoke” call at the GRACE Community Clinic and Food Pantry in Grapevine where a fire had started in the Teaching Kitchen area of the Clinic and spread to the exam rooms, medication storage and treatment facilities. No staff or volunteers were on site at the time of the fire.
According to a letter from GRACE Executive Director Shonda Schaefer, the organization is still assessing the extent of the damage and is seeking donations of funds and in-kind supplies, as well as volunteers to help with clean-up.
More information can be found on the organization’s Facebook page.
*ED Shonda Schaefer pictured above assessing the fire damage. Photo courtesy of the organization’s Facebook page.
GRACE is a Grapevine, Texas-based non-profit relief agency which provides food, clothing, financial assistance, and other vital necessities to people who are struggling with a limited income or recent emergency. The philosophy of GRACE is that encouraging self-sufficiency will, in turn, encourage community cohesiveness. Compassion and assistance are offered as a response to God’s grace by local churches in partnership with municipalities, businesses, civic organizations, and individuals. Find out more on the organization’s website.