Planning events for 2022?
Check out our list of 2021
Annual nonprofit events in Dallas Fort Worth
>> click here to download <<
- This event has passed.
Dallas Arboretum Announces Food and Wine Festival: A Gatsby Garden Soirée on June 10
June 10, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$125 – $175
Festival features “Garden Market” on June 12-13
The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden’s fourth annual Food & Wine Festival features a festive theme and top chefs on Thursday, June 10 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the garden with plenty of space to stroll, sip and sample small plates. Themed A Gatsby Garden Soirée, the festival features music, fine wines, craft beer and food stations where top area chefs prepare and serve up delectable delights. Roaring 20’s attire is encouraged.
The VIP Experience, with early admission at 6 p.m., includes valet parking, a champagne tower to welcome guests in A Tasteful Place garden, a signature cocktail by Maker’s Mark, small plate bites provided by John Tesar with Knife Dallas and Casey La Rue with Carte Blanche, and a large glass logo wine goblet.
A VIP ticket is $175 per person ($125 for members). General admission is $125 per person ($99 for members), and doors open at 7 p.m. Registration and ticket are on sale now online: https://www.dallasarboretum.org/events-activities/food-and-wine-festival/
Chef Sharon Van Meter is the chef chair, and Alicia Voltmer is the event chair.
The Thursday evening soirée features mouth-watering small plates from the following:*
• Beyond the Box
• Bisous Bisous Pâtisserie – Chef Andrea Meyer
• Bright Box Foods – Chef Chris Patrick
• Cane Rosso – Chef Daniel Pittman
• Carte Blanche – Chef Casey La Rue
• Encina – Chef Matt Balke
• Empire Baking Company/The Mozzarella Company –Meaders Ozarow and Chef Paula Lambert
• Fearing’s – Chef Mole <atos
• Garden Café – Chef Mark Wooten
• Home Grown Market – Chef Lucy Braddock
• Humble: Simply Good Pies – Chef Sean Jett
• Jonathon’s Diner – Chef Jonathon Erdeljac
• José – Chef Anastacia Quiñones-Pittman
• Knife Dallas – Chef John Tesar
• La Duni – Chef Dunia Borga
• The Meat Shop – Chef Keith Browning
• Meddlesome Moth – Chef Josh Boneé
• Monarch – Chef Eric Dreyer
• Petra & The Beast – Chef Misti Norris
• Profound Foods – Joel Orsini
• Taco y Vino – Chef Jimmy Contreras
• 3015 at Trinity Groves – Chef Sharon Van Meter
• Trompo – Chef Luis Olivera
• Two Sisters Catering
• Wolfgang Puck Catering
*Restaurants as of print date. Check the website for any updates.
In addition, on Saturday and Sunday, June 12-13, visitors to the Dallas Arboretum can enjoy a Garden Market experience from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. This “farmers market” style event features dozens of local vendors showcasing their products for sale, with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the garden. The Garden Market is included with paid admission to the garden.
Sponsors of Food & Wine festival are Rosewood and Amegy. Fine wines are provided by Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits.
About the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden:
The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is located on the southeastern shore of White Rock Lake at 8525 Garland Road, Dallas, Texas 75218. The Dallas Arboretum is also the home of the internationally acclaimed Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden. The Arboretum is open daily from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. General admission is $15 for adults, $12 for seniors 65 and older, $10 for children 2-12 and free for Arboretum members and children two and under. There is an additional cost of $3 per person for entrance into the Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden. Parking is $10. The Dallas Morning News is the principal partner of the Dallas Arboretum. The Arboretum is supported, in part, by funds from the Dallas Park and Recreation Department. WFAA is an official media sponsor for the Dallas Arboretum. For more information, call 214.515.6500 or visit www.dallasarboretum.org.