Feedspot, the internet’s largest human-curated database of bloggers and podcasts, has named DFW501c.news as one the 60 Best Fort Worth Blogs and Websites – coming in at number 19 on the list.
DFW501c Nonprofit Business Journal’s Founder and Publisher, Barbara Clark-Galupi shared her excitement. “It’s great to be recognized for our contribution to the digital collective! I’m grateful to all of my nonprofit peeps that keep hitting the site for the nonprofit news they can use!”
Feedspot discovers, categorizes and ranks blogs, podcasts and influencers in several niche categories. They have curated over 250,000 popular blogs and categorized them in more than 5,000 niche categories and industries. With millions of blogs on the web, finding influential, authority and trustworthy bloggers in a niche industry is a hard problem to address. They believe that a thoughtful combination of both algorithmic and human editing offers the best means of curation.
There are several ways they discover new feeds.
- Publishers submit their blogs, podcasts or youtube channels on Feedspot using the ‘Submit’ form at the top of this page.
- They have a research team who does extensive research on google and social media platforms to discover new influencers.
- Feedspot has in-house media monitoring tools for discovering bloggers in several niche categories.
Their expert editorial team reviews each blog before adding them to relevant category list.
Ranking is based on
- Industry blogs (those not favoring a specific brand) are given higher rank than blogs by individual brands(who often tend to promote their own products).
- Blog post frequency(freshness)
- Social media follower counts and engagements
- Domain authority
- Age of a blog
- Alexa Web Traffic Rank and many other parameters.
FeedSpot routinely removes inactive blogs and those which are no longer relevant to a given list. List is updated as we receive new blog submissions and re-ranked every few weeks.