The Dallas Foundation announced that nominations are now being accepted for its 2018 Good Works Under 40 Award.
The award is designed to honor the most committed, skilled and passionate volunteers under the age of 40 who are truly making a difference in the lives of North Texans.
Each year, a steering committee of young civic and business leaders review nominations and select five outstanding finalists. The overall winner is awarded a grant to his or her charity. The four remaining finalists receive a donation to the charity of their choice.
The Good Works Under 40 Awards is co-presented by The Dallas Morning News and is in its 9th year. Past winners and nonprofit beneficiaries include:
- Jennifer Wright (2010), Promise House
- Courtney Underwood (2011), Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center
- Catharine Virginia Flagg (2012), Young Texans Against Cancer
- Clint Bruce & Stephen Holley (2013), Carry the Load
- Sherrelle Evans (2014), St. Philip’s School and Community Center
- John Dickey (2015), Hope Cottage
- Katie Schlieve (2016), One Wing Foundation
- Elizabeth Viney (2017), Advocates for Community Transformation
Nomination forms are due August 15 at 5:00 pm.
Find out more here.
ABOUT THE DALLAS FOUNDATION
Established as a community foundation in 1929-the oldest in Texas-The Dallas Foundation serves as a leader, catalyst and resource for philanthropy by providing donors with flexible means of making gifts and bequests, the income from which primarily supports the charitable causes of the city and county of Dallas. Find out more on the foundation’s website.