D CEO Magazine, in partnership with Communities Foundation of Texas, held its inaugural Nonprofit and Corporate Citizenship awards during an invitation-only event on August 1.
The awards recognize professionals and organizations in the nonprofit world that continue to make a positive impact on the community, often under difficult financial constraints.
The 2018 nonprofit and nonprofit staff inaugural winners were:
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas, Nonprofit Organization of the Year: Large Organization
- The Family Place, Organization of the Year: Midsize
- Texas Trees Foundation, Organization of the Year: Small
- Angel Flight South Central, Organization of the Year: Micro
- Steven Pace of Access and Information Network, Leadership Excellence
- North Texas Food Bank, Most Successful Fundraising Campaign
- ScholarShot, Social Enterprise
- Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support, Team of the Year
- Kern Wildenthal of The Dallas Opera, Volunteer of the Year
The awards also honored the efforts of corporations that support the nonprofit community, from executives volunteering their time on boards to lending support through financial donations and sponsorships. To view all of the winners and finalists in both nonprofit and corporate categories, click here.